We are committed to safeguarding your privacy online.
Definitions and Interpretation
Data - collectively all information that you submit to Mat Stores via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Cookies - a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Data Protection Laws - any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
GDPR - the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Mat Stores, or us - Mat Stores is a trading name of Chair Mats Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 07995398 whose registered office is at 2nd Floor, Unicorn House, Station Close, Potters Bar, Hertfordshire, EN6 1TL;
UK and EU Cookie Law - the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you - any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Mat Stores and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Mat Stores and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website - the website that you are currently using, www.matstores.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Mat Stores is the "data controller". This means that Mat Stores determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. If you browse through the Site without entering any personal data, we will automatically gather and store certain information about your visit. This information does not identify you personally and cannot be linked back to you unless you decide at some point to identify yourself.
If you are only browsing, we collect the following non-personally identifiable information:
a. the type of web browser, version and operating system used to access our Site;
b. the date and time you access our Site;
c. the pages you visit (click-through);
d. a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected)
We use this information to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer the Site.
Personal Information Collected
6. If you make purchases through the Site, we will ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information that we may collect from you, but is not limited to, will include:
b. contact information such as email addresses, mailing address and telephone numbers;
c. IP address (automatically collected);
d. Unique Identifiers such as username, order number, password;
e. Preferences information such as product wish lists, order history, marketing preferences;
We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities, such as making a purchase.
We do not collect any sensitive information about you (known as "special categories of data"). This includes, for example, details about your racial or ethnic origin, or data relating to your health. Should it ever be necessary for us to ask you for this type of data, we will provide you with separate details about how we will protect that information at that time.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
How We Collect Data
7. We collect Data in the following ways:
a. data is given to us by you;and
b. data is collected automatically.
Data that is Given to Us by You
8. Mat Stores will collect Data from you in a number of ways, for example:
a. when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
b. when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
c. when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although you are not obliged to respond to them);
d. when you enter a competition or promotion through a social media channel;
e. when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
f. when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
g. when you use our services;
Data that is collected automatically
9. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
a. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
b. we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed "Cookies".
Our Use of Data
10. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. fulfil and process customer orders;
b. contact you regarding your order and provide order updates;
b. internal record keeping;
c. improvement of our products and services;
d. send you requested product or service information;
e. send product updates or warranty information;
f. respond to queries and customer service requests;
g. administer your account;
h. transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
i. contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
11. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your Rights" below).
12. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we'll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
a. soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under "soft opt-in" consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
b. for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we'll provide.
c. if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed "Your Rights" below.
13. When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
14. We may use your Data to show you Mat Stores adverts and other content on other websites. If you do not want us to use your data to show you Mat Stores adverts and other content on other websites, please turn off the relevant cookies (please refer to the section headed "Cookies" below).
Who We Share Data With
15. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
a. our employees, agents and/or professional advisors - to process and fulfil orders;
b. third party payment providers who process payments made over the Website - to enable third party payment providers to process user payments and refunds;
c. relevant authorities - to facilitate the detection of crime or the collection of taxes or duties;
Keeping Data Secure
16. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
a. access to your account is controlled by a password and a username that is unique to you.
b. we store your Data on secure servers.
17. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
18. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
20. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
21. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a. Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
b. Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
d. Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to "block" us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
e. Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
f. Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
22. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
23. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO's contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk.
24. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to Other Websites
Changes of Business Ownership and Control
27. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
28. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
30. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
31. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Mat Stores to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
32. This Website may place the following Cookies:
Strictly Necessary Cookies. These are Cookies that are required for the operation of the Website. For example, they allow you to log into secure areas of our Website and use the shopping cart.
Analytical/Performance Cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to make improvements to our Website functionality and user experience. For example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality Cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Website, so we can personalise features for you. It also allows you to use features such as “Add to Bag” and “Save for Later”.
Targeting Cookies. These Cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
33. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
34. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
35. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
36. For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to www.aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
37. In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.
40. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
41. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Mat Stores is a trading name of Chair Mats Limited. This Website is owned and operated by Chair Mats Limited.
Chair Mats Limited
2nd Floor, Unicorn House
VAT Registration Number: 150 3244 53
Chair Mats Limited is registered in England and Wales under company number: 07995398
Effective Date: 23rd July 2019